View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
Sorry but your arguement doesn't fly so much now that the Wheat Board monopoly is gone. You can sell for what the market will bear. The comodity price is just that. No more price fixing. Can market any way you want for your grains. Same with beef. The price is what the market will bear.

As to the situation at hand I see it from both sides. It is your land and I think it makes some sense that you should be able to charge people to use your land for what ever recreation. Problem being is that the public resource ie wildlife is not for sale (other than to outfitters but that is another thread)

I get the frustration but as a landowner you don't have to grant permission. There are programs in place for wildlife damage. There are programs in place to help with fencing bale yards. There is assistance when there are weather related occurances. Sorry if you don't think they compensate you enough. Those compensation programs are funded through the purchase of hunting licenses. So hunters are paying you for wildlife.
The truck driver sets his own rates. I can't.

I would not be charging for wildlife, I would be charging for access to my land.

Like I said before, the elk destroy the bales and eat crops in the field. Crop insurance comes at a cost. I have to pay into crop insurance to be covered.