View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
If I am not mistaken you live in Saskatchewan so I assume that's where your land is? They already have paid hunting in your Province....

I can respect that farmers do lose $$ due to wildlife, I also respect that many farmer allow hunting....sometime the hunting season does not coincide with when the animals group up and eat crops....so paid access would do nothing in these cases (hunter success is low but farmer makes his access fees), an extended season would assist in lower problem wildlife.

I would propose that F&W issue "problem permits" only valid on named damaged property with mandatory call in next day noon registration....you have to next day noon register turkeys in some places....why not for deer or elk?

The permits could be issued one per hunter per season max and create a list if hunters the farmer follows to allow permission to hunt on 3 day permits.....NO FEE. If you miss your 3 day allotment it goes to the next guy in the list and so on. It is a tag valid only for the 3 days and only on NAMED lands.

That's my suggestion.

Also quite a few farmers do not allow hunting but do get compensated for crop loss due to wildlife...

Many factors here.

Lc
What is this paid hunting you speak of.

Hunting license fees do not guarantee success, but nobody complains about them.