View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
The biggest treat IMO to new hunters and hunting in general is lack of land access and a lack of support from the general public.

Hunters and sport shooters are a tiny minority. Without outside support our voices are not heard. If outside support turns against us we are finished.

I have spoken to a ton of anti hunters over the years and the number one argument is that hunters get off on killing animals. The hunters I know and was raised with do not but if you would like evidence to the contrary just turn on a few hunting videos.

I have also spoken to a ton of land owners over the years and the number one argument from them is reckless firearm discharge and wounding of animals. They fear for their families and livestock. If you would like to see evidence of poor and often reckless firearms handling, again watch a few hunting videos.

We can pretend this isn't happening and hide from the boogeyman that is government regulation. The issues will be brought to the attention of the powers and some pencil pusher will bring forth regulation based on what he/she is hearing.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have our voices heard proactively instead of after the horses have left the stable.
Yeah that last part is what the ATA though a few years back, on the issue of snares... unless somethings recently changed I dont think that worked out too well.