View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I've given up on the idea of keeping any fish in this province , I love fishing and have contented myself with C+R here . I absolutely refuse to buy a tag for a walleye. That is an absurd proposition as far as I am concerned.It's cheaper to go to the store and buy a fish if I really feel the need to eat one after a day of throwing em back.
I am well aware that Alberta suffers from a lack of fish-able lakes per fisher but it also suffers from a long history of mismanagement when it comes to .... well almost everything to do with natural resources . Let's be honest here, the powers that be have and continue to screw this province up royally when it comes to sport fishing and hunting because they are incapable of looking at anything without dollar signs in their eyes
Costco had some really good walleye (they call them pickerel) fillets in last week. $22 bought 2 meals for me and my lady friend and still a nice chunk left in the freezer for later. No hangups about not actually having caught them.

I will keep some rainbows from an ice fishing trip but otherwise it's catch and release for me. Live with it or take up gardening!