View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Gusto View Post

Here is one of my fav knives. I had Cote copy my dads original McKee knives which are somewhat popular back in the Sudbury area and had these made for my wedding. It’s a Scandi grind with CPMs35.
I have a few more “customs” made for me in all kinds of steels. One knife I have is made from debarker blades from a mill. I wish I knew what it was because it really holds an edge well.
I do however think the design of the Grohman knives from a design function are pretty much perfect. Yes the steel can be better, I have them in carbon steel which can get razor sharp quickly.
I have knives in all kinds of steels including the newest tool steels. The edge retention on them is a huge step forward but honestly sharpening them is a real real chore and is not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the design of these knives for skinning. Nice collection you have. I like skinners with a deep belly and I can really appreciate the recurve in the bottom knife as it keeps your hand high and on top of what is being skinned vs your hand being in the way.