View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
^ Still waiting for my Finnlight in 7-08, lol. The VX3i is a nice and light scope. That is what I have on my X-Bolt go to. I am planning to either move it to the Sako (if I ever get it, lol) or put a Z3 on it (which I already have). Another option I am debating is the FX3 (6x42), which I also already have, but not sure it fits my purpose, I have never extensively used a fixed power scope, and it is a bit (negligently, really, like an ounce?) heavier than both of the former.

Zeiss are very nice with excellent glass, but I don’t think it would be my choice for a “lightweight” rifle. It weighs almost twice as much as the VX3i (22+ oz vs 12.6). The same is true for Swarovski Z3, which weighs about the same as the VX3i.

The illuminated reticles are great, IMO.
Yes, it is a little heavier, I noticed that as well. I wasn't looking to build a lightweight rifle specifically though, and all in my rifle with scope with empty mags still comes in at a respectable 7 lbs 11 oz. I think I could have got that down maybe another 8 oz or so with a different scope, but it wasn't the prime motivator for me. As it is, I've been out shooting with obsessed1 a couple times with it now, getting it dialed in, and I can only say it is a fine, accurate rifle package. Like, really accurate. Ringing 4" gong at 500 yards had me giggling.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone