View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 03:13 PM

Default Hunting equipment deals

There is a “good deals” thread in the general discussion section, but let’s have one specifically for hunting stuff, so that an occasional great deal doesn’t get lost in all the beef and pork sales at the grocery stores, lol.

I actually couldn’t think of a place to post this, so here is this thread. On the weekend, I bought this little elk call and thought it is worth mentioning for others. It is pretty good! It is $13 (on sale, regular price is $16?), surprisingly good sound, can do different stuff (if you can), very small, and is probably the easiest to use reed call that I have tried (I am talking about “true” reed calls, not the likes of Primos, whatever the model is, etc). Anyway, I am impressed enough to mention it here:

One downside is that it smells like walmart shoe department when you take it out of the package. Hopefully that will go away and doesn’t leak some toxins onto the lips, lol.

Anyway, great call. Especially for “noobs” for the ease of use. I have a feeling it has a potential replacing other calls in my pocket. Nah… Lol. I usually have a couple with me, but this one will likely one of the couple or a third one.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/14979...riantId=391950

Cabela’s also has other Rocky Mountain elk calls, diaphragms, and tubes on sale currently.