View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:23 PM

IMO Best hunting shows now are youtube channels with average joe non-sponsored folk generally hunting public land. Gotta weed through some bad editing but it's worth it. These guys are the most relevant to the average joe and their shows don't consist of commercials interrupted by the odd bit of hunting. Often they show a good mix of getting to the spot, camping in the backcountry, equipment ideas and money savers, breakdowns and other sh!t that just happens and is relatable. They also aren't scared to show the blanks and I've seen a few tears shed after bagging a regal animal...ie respect for the animal and the hard work it took to get him.

I just don't relate to flying in on a private jet and having a guy lead me to an animal...and let's not forget the mega thousands in gear these "hunters" sport. Guided canned hunt...these guys would have been just as successful with an old bolt action 270 with basic fixed power scope and a pair of jeans and a T-shirt LOL. But they sell a lot of overpriced gear to suckers so who am I to question.

On the topic of eating coyote and wolf...why not? Cougar is supposed to be delicious and eats basically the same diet. Parasites are the only thing I can think of and are easily killed with proper cooking. I find it odd how people build up these taboo's in their mind. Steve does a good job to try to dispell those and promotes using as much of the animal as possible and that is good thing! Hunters should be making the most of any animal they take. Probably one of the most positive things to win favor with the non-hunting voters as well.