View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:47 PM

I watch many moms at the park or snow hill who only take their kids there to pose for the obligatory selfie and corresponding social media post (#momlife #bestlife). Then proceed to ignore their kids and continue searching for gratification from strangers on some new phone application.

We have an entire generation incoming who's sense of value is derived from their online presence and who are constantly acting in response to feelings of envy.

It's way beyond hijacking hunting culture, it's a societal level cancer permeating everything and I don't see any cure coming. Whatever people can do, even if structurally harmful, many will do.

As far as the uptick in hunters. As others have mentioned, it's good and bad. Sucks to run into more guys out there hunting, but you need numbers to have a voice in politics. There are many out there who would like to see non-indigenous hunting opportunities eroded and eventually eliminated. They'll eventually succeed if our numbers dwindle.

That to me is a bigger concern, and let's be honest with the exception of sheep country sometimes, if you are off the roads in the boreal or foothills, down the cut line or certainly in the bush you don't see many other hunters. There is a lot of land to hunt in Alberta.