View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 07:49 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Sooner;4598602]Like at a lake, dad always laughed. The people on this side boat to the other side as the fishing has to be better there while passing the boats coming from the other side to fish where you just came from.

I fished walleye tournaments for about 25 years and I never minded going into an area where others were coming out of. We did really well some times doing just that, because maybe our speed was different, presentation was different what ever it was we did well. Also had the same thing happen to us as we were leaving or just left an area to see another boat go in and just slam them. Another big difference I see are boats with no sonar. we will be on the top or side of structure doing well and another boat will come in and anchor but not catch a thing. You can hear them saying change color, change bait etc, but the fact is with walleye especially on some structure if your as little as 20 feet off the "spot on the spot" you might as well be a mile............you are not catching anything.