View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
Have access to a new quarter of land for deer this fall. I'm in the area later today and going to do a preliminary scout of it. Check out access and trails.
I'm hoping the snow level has dropped that sheds will be fairly obvious. I've never found a shed in good condition, so I am hopeful something may be there.
Going to plant a couple cameras and see what up.
I've always been a crown land guy, so having this opportunity is pretty exciting!
Congrats on a great get. Exciting for sure. Good luck on the sheds but the cams will tell the tale. Watch for the active trials in the snow, most likely be the same ones they travel all year.

I have also been a crown land guy until I started helping friends develop an old mobile home site for camping back when covid came along. Its a 30 year old abandoned farm property that they inherited. A quarter of bush surrounding 2 inner fields that are rented out, a waterbody on one side, hay field on the other. Truly WT deer heaven. 2 seasons in the deer blind so far and the property/area is full of deer that have a great age range. Some of the smaller 5 points on cam 3 years ago are going to be real nice shooters soon. A couple are going to be real big if they survive a couple more years. It's hard to let them walk by the blind lol.

Having exclusive access is sweet too. Hope your new access turns out as sweet as mine did.