View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 04:57 PM

Default I’ve got one

Bought it from Aubrey himself at a Calgary gun show, about 20 yrs ago. Shoots incredibly well, I’ve had 3 shot groups near half inch, all 3 holes touching. It’s a Sako, forget the model. Came with a brake, I shot a deer with it and my ears rang for 2 days after so I took the brake off and added some weight to the stock.

The ‘factory’ brass story goes like this and this is straight from Aubrey himself: he contracted someone to make a shipment of brass, and he didn’t get what he paid for - the stuff I have, the primer pockets are loose right from brand new. I have 3 boxes of new brass with the 338 Can Imp head stamp on it - basically useless.

What I did was get some Remington 375RUM brass (at Aubrey’s suggestion), neck it down to 338, and then you can shoot it. It’s almost identical, when it comes out theres a slight change where the taper starts to form the neck. Never tried any other brass, for the amount I shoot it, I just never bothered. It hasn’t come out of the safe for several years now, except to look at it.

Feel free to PM me if you want some load info, I still have the load data sheet from Imperial Magnum.