Thread: 7-08 for moose
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman View Post
Hello fellas
I'm coming from Florida for a moose hunt the first week in Oct. I plan on using my favorite rifle, which is a Montana chambered for 7-08. I have very accurate loads using 139 Interlocks at 2850 fps and 120 TTSXs at 3190fps. Also working on a promising load for 140 Accubonds at close to 2900.
I don't shoot game past 300 yds., and I feel comfortable shooting this rifle/round combo. I know they are a bit different, but I have had good results on elk with both, the Interlocks and TTSXs. I'd like to know the thoughts and opinions of the locals who hunt these moose regularly.
Also, a bit off topic, my apologies. Ill be hunting out of the Faher area. Can anyone suggest a meat processor and freight company to that could get my meat back to Florida, should I be lucky enough to punch a tag? Thanks all.
There is a fellow posting in the hunting section, also from Florida, who is coming up same time as you and hunting just north of you by Manning. He is bringing a truck and lowbed, you may want to talk to him about bringing your meat back for you. The excess baggage charges to fly it back with you is quite large but that is what most hunters have done till now. Outside of that, finding someone to haul 3 or 400 pounds of frozen meat is going to take some work, unless your outfitter already has that setup for his other American Hunters.