Thread: Camp stove
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post
I have a MSR Whisperlite I bought in about 1985. Never did camp with it. Fired it up once or twice just to test it, that is it. Been thinking of selling it, but then this thread makes me think, emergency stove for the truck?

Probably never use it.

$50 for stove and tank about right?
I have both the Whisperlite and the Whisperlite international and they are great stoves. My only complaint is they don't simmer that well if your frying something on low heat. Even used the basic Whisperlite can still sell for over $100. They make great emergency stoves for the truck. Spend the $20 for the maintenance kit and your set for life. Each of my stoves has a kit in the bag but Ive never had to use them yet. Just a little mineral oil each year is all they ask. The only O rings I have ever replaced are on the stopper for the fuel bottles.
In fact I probably owe my life to the International I keep in the truck. Extremely high winds, whiteout conditions and heavy wet snow meant no fire for 3 days.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."