View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
TP-Link EAP225-Outdoor | Omada AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Outdoor Access Point | Business WiFi Solution w/ Mesh Support, Seamless Roaming & MU-MIMO | PoE Powered | SDN Integrated | Cloud Access & App https://a.co/d/asgkdHV

I have one of these wired to my router and installed it by my deck. I then have another one like this installed inside my shop, just powered by a poe supply, no cat or data cables. Real cheap and gives me coverage all over my yard and in my shop and beyond.
Shop is 80 feet away behind a lot of trees
I’ve been looking at TP-Link and Ubiquiti for quite a while, Immigrant finally pushed me over the edge to order. Thank you for that!

One extra tip, if you want a stand-alone system (no PC running 24/7 to control the network), you will also need a controller, an extra $100 or so. Currently I have 2 X EAP 225 running, there is WiFi 300 yards from the router, and the previously dead area shop has full WiFi bars. The mesh system is expandable, APs can be added wherever there is a power source and some signal from the network. Someday another EAP will be added, probably as a portable unit, I need WiFi in different places in the yard depending on the time of the year.

The setup was pretty easy with the app. I have zero networking experience after a few YouTube university videos the setup took about 20 minutes.

Now for some WiFi cameras to watch the grain cleaner!

Total cost so far is just under $300, money well spent IMHO.

Thanks for the tips Immigrant!

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw