View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Can anyone confirm what items/brands are generally excluded from the sale? I called the South Edmonton store to confirm availability of a Moby net I've had my eye on, and if they were going to be on sale. Had a thought and asked about a couple of Islander reels and spools I purchased a couple of weeks ago, still sitting new in the boxes, and wanted to know if I should be returning them to repurchase at sale time. I was told Islander and Sage were excluded due to manufacturer agreements. That was a little contradictory to what I had seen here so phoned the West Ed store and asked the same question, was told everything, even Islanders, would be on sale.

Don't get me wrong, both fellows I talked to were very friendly and helpful, and took the time to chat with me, but I'm a bit confused by the two different answers from the two different locations.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
If I remember right Islander reels are exempt. Not many items that fall into that category but I think they are one of them. Not sure about Sage. The answer likely differed because not every employee knows or cares about what does and does not go on sale or for how much(even managers don't know for sure until they get the price lists from head office). At this point in time the employees will just be guessing at what the sales will be same as what we are here(based on knowledge of what has happened in past years).

If you were willing to buy the gear at regular price why be a pain in the you know what and make the store jump through hoops doing a return then repurchasing... If I want sale pricing I wait for an item to go on sale. I don't buy something for more then I am willing to pay and I have never gone back to a store and asked them to give me money back after that fact... Guess that is just the way I think/operate though.

Also a note to people is that TFH does not do returns during the wall to wall sale.