View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 02:44 PM

Default Pipe dream sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Hi All, we have branched out in our digital platforms and have launched a podcast. It will be like our life a little bit of everything with very little boredom. LOL We have 4 episodes up already including 2 of the 4 we brought home from the NTA in Escanaba. You can find us from practically any app as we in the iTunes search engine or here is our permanent podcast page from our host: http://trappingincscuttlebuttpodcast.libsyn.com/
Cheers, Rich
Enjoyed your podcast with Mark Zagger "pipe dream coyote sets"
Mark is a very well spoken gentleman who conveyed his real passion for coyote trapping. I intend to experiment using his ideas and suggestions.

Maybe I can improve on the PVC pipe idea by
1.) using black colored pipe (not white) which will enhance it's appearance in
the snow PLUS easier for me to find my "set" locations.
2.) using BLACK pipe will warm up faster in the sun allowing the lure to be more smelly and active.
3.) I might cut a V-slot on the side of the pipe about 3-4 inches from the top of the pipe for the lure to be placed. I visualized ravens and magpies perched on top of the PVC pipe and pulling out the lure. Having a V-notch on the side will make it more difficult for the birds to steal the lure or sheeps wool.

Q. I wonder if placing the "set" trap south of the PVC pipe would enhance catches. Winds usualy blow from the north ...and would carry the lure scents over the trap set.

Last edited by AlbertaAl; 09-18-2018 at 02:50 PM.