View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaAl View Post
Enjoyed your podcast with Mark Zagger "pipe dream coyote sets"
Mark is a very well spoken gentleman who conveyed his real passion for coyote trapping. I intend to experiment using his ideas and suggestions.

Maybe I can improve on the PVC pipe idea by
1.) using black colored pipe (not white) which will enhance it's appearance in
the snow PLUS easier for me to find my "set" locations.
2.) using BLACK pipe will warm up faster in the sun allowing the lure to be more smelly and active.
3.) I might cut a V-slot on the side of the pipe about 3-4 inches from the top of the pipe for the lure to be placed. I visualized ravens and magpies perched on top of the PVC pipe and pulling out the lure. Having a V-notch on the side will make it more difficult for the birds to steal the lure or sheeps wool.

Q. I wonder if placing the "set" trap south of the PVC pipe would enhance catches. Winds usualy blow from the north ...and would carry the lure scents over the trap set.
Neat tweaks from someone who has been there and done that. Podcasts are like any other media, seldom complete. There are always questions left unasked and ideas not fully explained. It is especially tough when you are meeting someone for the first time and then doing a podcast with him. We like to sit down and get to know the person a bit and get them comfortable that we aren't out to sandbag them. So sometimes things get talked about in the pre-interview and are forgot on the podcast because it all runs together. You do 7 pre-interviews and podcasts in one day things really get blurry!

Mark said that overwhelmingly he set for the wind. Nothing was as important. He shoved everything down the pipe far enough that the birds can't reach it. The black idea I like! Tell us how it works please.