View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 AM

I do drug and alcohol testing (bus drivers, pilots, truck drivers, etc.).......via collecting urine specimans (for the drug tests). When I first started I was concerned about health problems so I did some research on urine. Urine is sterile (from men anyways.......from woman during their menstrual cycle is questionable). Urine can be used to sterilize a wound if you are out in the boondocks. Back in the days of the Roman Empire the royality would have the peasants pee in a bathtub and then they would bathe in it......it supposedly made their skin soft.

In regards to how deer react to human urine, I've done a little experimenting myself over the years. There is a scrape about every year on the edge of the meadow behind my house as well as several rubs. I noticed yesterday that there were some fresh rubs. At any rate, a couple years back I collected pee in a jug and poured it on the scrape. The next day the scrape was torn apart. Whether it would have been regardless of whether I'd poured the pee in it or not is anyone's guess, but from what I've seen human urine definitely does not spook deer.

On another similar note, I've read tha the Wenzel's have used those sanitary napkins that ladies use during "That" time of the month with positive results. Don't ask me how they collect and store them...