View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 09:50 AM

I don't know what impact these carp will have as they seem different then the bigger common carp. Any introduced species has an impact both positive and negative. Only time will tell how these carp will change the ecosystem.

I have seen the outrage with other species and areas with non native species. It is always doom and gloom and the end to the fishing in the waters they inhabit. Rarely the species can be removed from the waters no matter how much time and $ you throw at them.

What I have seen in other situations is yes there is always an impact and often it is not as negative as first assumed. Often some species benefit from it and others are damaged by the new species.

I do not see the introduction of these carp as a positive thing and I am against the introduction of non native species. Best thing that can be done is promote people to target them and find a use for these carp.

Lets just hope we see some positives from their introduction and not just negatives because these carp are not going away