View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
just remember with the ecopoof ALL the power is made by turbo, more air going through means more fuel being consumed means massive heat which means increased wear and tear and reduced engine life. ANY trailer behind a 3.5tt and the truck will feel it. Yes it will pull it but the tiny turbo engines are not made for pulling trailers, they are built for economy and make decent power through boost. Count on heavy fuel consumption and remember they are aluminum bodies now, light and delicate. I have a 2016 lariat crew cab, it is a great dd and grocery getter but when you want real power unless you are trading off every year or 2 and do not care about fuel remember the old saying, there is no replacement for displacement. When I need to tow any trailer I use a different truck.
Sorry Ken but I have to disagree. So what other vehicle do you suggest? A Ford powerstroke TURBO diesel, or a Cummins TURBO diesel, a Duramax TURBO diesel ? Turbo doesn't make an engine any less reliable. Never had a problem and have had 2 ecoboost towing a travel trailer at about 8000lbs.

These 3.5 are only putting out about 6lbs of boost. They were made to tow and they do it very well.

I wouldn't worry at all about towing a cargo trailer behind an ecoboost.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.