Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
The way I see it your wrong(JustKidding). Brian was working towards improving the closures on the lake. Brian also allowed tournments on the lake while it was open and managed to satisfy both his commitments, did he not?

The last 2 years the weather has been different (colder), likely delaying spawning and creating the need to extend the closures. Info comes from having tournments as well.

As to the last part about "suspecting the SAWT" I was being sarcastic, of course they will follow the laws and regs.

PS, sorry Brian if I overstepped my bounds

I'm definitely not saying that I'm right, as I don't know who Brian is and I've never been involved with WU or SAWT, so I can't speak to what his/the organization(s) motives are. I'm just trying to clarify what horsetrader was trying to say in a previous post. Which I think you're still missing...

You can still satisfy both commitments with it having the appearance of contradictory/conflicting agendas. I'm gonna try and lay this out again, but using actual quotes....

And let it be clear, I'm not attacking Brian or WU or SAWT, and am in favor of a longer closure if it is actually in the best interest for the lake. BUT I think horsetrader kind of brings up a good point with this all, and I think it's quite curious, and some clarification should be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
Walleye Unlimited has been working for 2-3 years on getting this closure on the west arm....FOR THE SAWT, WE ARE PLEASED TO HEAR THAT THE WEST ARM WILL BE CLOSED TILL JUNE 1ST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
If you worked as president of walleye unlimited to have the west arm closed for so long. Then why as president of SAWT did you encourage people to fish that same area to the extent of even allowing the SAWT tournament to be held in that area. I believe that is a conflict of interest. And shows you did not deal in good faith or full hearted with respect to Walleye Unlimited.
Below is the heart of horsetraders arguement....

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
And I bet it could have been closed earlier if SAWT had made it off limites for their tournaments it would have shown SRD that even fishing groups were in favor of the closer to help the fishery.

So to wrap up....
  1. Walleyes Unlimited has been pushing for a 'west arm' closure for 2-3 years now
  2. SAWT has been holding tournaments during the purposed closure while this "push" for the closure has been going on, allowing the tournament partipants to fish in purposed 'closed' area
  3. The same guy that is the president of Walleyes Unlimited, is the president of SAWT

Horsetrader brings up a good point I think, it's just curious that the guy at the head of an organization (WU) pushing for a closure of a specific part of a lake, because of the pressures put on the fish pre/during/post spawn, is the same guy that is at the head of another organization (SAWT) that allows huge amounts of anglers to target this spot during the purposed closure.

To quote the Global channel... Things that make you go "HUH...."

Last edited by MoFugger21; 11-04-2011 at 10:21 PM.