View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
They obviously get the job done, but I believe you are both good/excellent shots and would probably have made these kills with pretty much any broadhead. I guess I am just wondering are they better than what you used before and are they better enough that you will you stay with them.
They are extremely robust and they tune markedly easier than any fixed blade broadhead that I have ever tried. In fact they are one of the only fixed blade broadheads that I have ever been able to shoot with confidence that a form imperfection will not cause an errant shot. The fact that they are a 4 blade head really is a deal maker in my mind. 4 blades really do a lot more damage than a 3 blade. The only things I am not a fan of are that they are carbon steel, which rust big time, especially this last season, and that they are only 1". The fact that they are 1" isnt a deal breaker for me, but they do make a larger version that is 1 3/16", which I am going to try for next year.

Previously I was using grim reapers and have had awesome success with them. I will continue to use them with confidence as well. But if I can use a fixed blade broadhead and be just as/if not more confident then I will. I like to follow the KISS principle as much as I can without sacrificing performance or confidence

Jmo,

Norm