View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 08:38 PM

Default Just the facts. Read the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
You know, all of the above actually. Its nice to get both the fact and fiction stories from all parties, nice to read the regs personally and ideally know them better than the officers do in case they get creative. I really like and appreciate officers that are bang on with their facts and interpretation on the law. I dislike like it when officers get overly creative in their interpretations or potentially become inventive, i like it best when the governing bodies build law properly and the upholding of those laws are executed accurately.

Ken i read some of your material a few years ago regarding boat check stops, dont remember much but people like me learn from people like you. (And im still fantacizing about buying a nice little ocean boat, ie 18’ trophy)… and then i encounter places like The Narrows on Lake Manitoba and suddenly i refresh those ocean boat buying lusts!

Not that i want to run past boat check stops… really just curious what that poor stoopid bass turd faced yesterday for being a very bad dawg with his kayaks immediately after the clearly marked KAYAKS TOO signage!

So what happens when your boat doesnt have a drain plug? What happens when it rains and you have rainwater in your boat? Stop and suck it dry with a shop vac before the inspection station?

Ken you stated a few years ago that you “debated” with folks at a station regarding your ocean boat not being in a sane category as run of the mill freshwater based craft? Or something??

What about evening/night driving with a boat, what if station closed?
The specified penalty for not stopping in AB is $324.

https://www.alberta.ca/watercraft-inspections.aspx

The do's and dont's? Don't be a smartazz. Pleading ignorance is never considered a defensible argument. The message has always been the same: clean, drain, dry your boat.

Fer cryin' our loud if it doesn't have a drain plug it doesn't have a drain plug. If it's raining your boat is going to be wet. If the inspection station says CLOSED.......it's closed.

People will lie about anything and you know they do. Just because a boat owner says the last body of water the boat was in was the Atlantic Ocean doesn't mean an inspector is obliged to give the boat a pass.

Stop at all inspection stations, answer the questions and expect to get inspected. It's pretty simple.

Voluntary compliance is always preferable. Next stop is enforcement action.