View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 AM
keeping fish

Default keeping fish

I would like to see something like I believe Ontario has where there are two licences available.There is a catch and keep licence which is more money, and a catch and release only licence which is less. I do not know what the difference in costs are but it sounds like a good idea to me. Unfortunately fishing is going the way a lot of other things are these days with regard to user fees. Walleye tags, hunting tags, etc are all user fees not taxes.Taxes are something everyone pays, and of course user fees, you only pay if you use the resource. As far as the licence fees go, it is still the best deal in Alberta for a recreational activity. 25.00 per year, seniors and kids free.There is nothing even close to that cheap in the province, what does a kid/parent pay to play hockey for a few months. It always amazes me how anglers complain about a 25.00 licence, but do not complain about the 40k boat, 40k truck and 15k trailer they use while fishing. In my opinion your fish "limit" will never justify this cost, lets face it guys most of us are out there because we love to fish, regardless of what the limit is.