View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
RockyMtnx

Default Its not cheap

Walleyes
- Someone has to foot the bill for the tags, draw system, the license issuers, printing of regulations, all the studies that are done each year, stocking programs, biologists wages, and most important the SRD officers wages. I know there is a lot of taxpayers out there who would hate to be paying for us to get free tags.

- I don't think handing out tags on a first come first serve basis would work. How is that fair to everyone? If you want it to be fair you need to have a draw system.

- The 40% of your wage you loose to the Government, how much of that actually goes to the Provincial government? The fish in our province are controlled by the Provincial government, not the Feds. You are wondering about what you get our your taxes? What about Health care, education, good roads to drive on, cleared hiways and streets in the winter, I could go on and on for hours.

- What about Sturgeon fishing prior to 2004? You had to pay for that for years? Nobody bitched about it? Why is this any different between sturgeon or walleye?

- I don't see anyone bitching about buying tags to go hunting? Heck the even made you pay for CWD tags or quota hunt tags. These were hunts were they wanted the animals killed. I did not see one person complain about that. Why are the fish any different than animals? I know if they started handing free tags on a first come first serve for moose there would be a rebellion.