View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Rifle14

Default Re: More than too tight

nobody's blaming F&W for the decline, they're just saying that more money for them would result in better management of our resources, which is true. They used to get the license money, now ACA gets it and uses it for "studies." That said, they do undertake creel surveys, but a lot of the money is used for things like the piping plover, and leopard frogs, etc. Stuff a lot of us don't care about all that much. Here's the bottom line. License money should go to the government, who should then in turn properly fund the ACA, as well as increase money for F&W. This will require more than license money, it'll require extra funding, but for a province that gives away our oil at a ridiculous royalty rate, and who funds horseracing with 65 million a year (compared to the F&W budget, around 30million), it shouldn't be a problem. Now that I'm done ranting, I want to agree with snapfisher (i think it was him). The best thing I could see happening int he immediate future would be increasing the license fee to say, 30 dollars or even 40 dollars, and using that extra money for stocking programs, more specifically for walleye stocking. They're what everyone is after, so why not charge a little more from everyone and try and meet the demand?