View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Realy have you ever shot anything in the chest with a 338.
Hole going in is about the same size as a 7 mag and the same size going out as a 7 mag in a small game animal
So what meat are you realy damaging.
And to top it off, have you ever eaten Antelope.
What is it 8 years to get drawen on a throphy now
I have taken four back in the day.
Last one was about 15 years back

Top of my list is Moose
Bottom is Antelope
Nothing wrong with that

If you guys like Antelope meat more than moose ,elk or even deer I would have to say ,you never tried it and just like barking .
Someone will then say ,did you skin it right away,or did you cook it right ?
It does not realy matter ,its not the top of choice for wild meat and neather is sheep.
Thats why they call it a Throphy Antelope Hunt.
If I was after the meat I would go for non throphy .
Have a nice day
The comment was not about you shooting the antelope with a 338. It was commenting on you stating you didnt care about antelope meat, and you showed that with your obvious lack of regard for bullet damage by wanting to shoot a varmint bullet at a game animal. I could care less what bullet/rifle combo a guy shoots or if meat damage is done, however the carefree attitude about destroying antelope meat is quite insulting.

I could care less if you dont like antelope as much as some, the fact is you're a slob hunter by making comments like that and treating meat as a 'throw-away' because you dont like the taste.

And no...thats NOT why they call it a Trophy Antelope Hunt.

Your attitude makes me sick. You are what the non-hunting community thinks a 'Trophy Hunter' is. To the rest of the hunting community, you're a slob.