View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:33 AM

My Jiffy has served me very well for many, many years but like I said.......I have a problem with my shoulder/clavical. My collarbone pops out of joint at the sternum, so yanking on a pull cord just kicks my butt.... These "Golden Years" aren't all they're cracked up to be!

If it's so cold that a gas auger won't start, I really don't want to be out on the ice. If people enjoying messing with gas and oil, tinkering with carbs, yanking on pull cords, swearing, spills in your pickup, etc. then by all means stay with the gas powered auger.

If people really want to show their manhood, leave the augers at home and cut holes with an ice chisel. That's all we had when I was a kid. I used to chisel holes for other people for $.10/hole. As a matter of fact, I still bring a chisel as a backup. A couple years ago I went ice fishing for the first outing of the year and when I got to the lake, the fuel line had cracked on my auger, so I cut a bunch of holes with the chisel. Cut a dozen holes through 2 feet of a ice with a chisel and you won't have to worry about being cold!