View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K View Post
Score isn’t important. That deer is a MONSTER and anyone busting your balls is just a jealous azzhat Congrats on a deer of many lifetimes!

For me it’s been 6-7 years. I’m pretty selective, passed on over 100 bucks this year but didn’t see the brute I was hoping for. My kids both got their bucks, my daughter her biggest WT and my son his first so that was great.

Might never shoot another unless I see a good one or my goals change. As it is I’m happy the kids are hunting and I’ll just keep waiting for Mr Big.

Don

Ya, I knew it wasn’t going to score very high in comparison to its size, but it clearly won the “Best in Show” category I’d say. IR Mike was there last night, it was good to see him.

It sounds like we have similar situations, with the kids doing most of the shooting, that’s what it’s all about. I never have taken more than we can eat so one moose is “good enough” anything else is a bonus to a point. I kept 2 deer and 5 quarters of moose for us this year, I chose to retire my elk tag because it would have just been too much.

I got my 200” swamp monster, it don’t matter if I go another 7 years without shooting another one.