View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I find it odd that western rats are in with eastern rats. Shouldn't they be listed in a western muskrat section in the catalogue by themselves with NTH in the lot comments?

Eastern: Pelts included in the Eastern section originating in Eastern Canada—east of the Manitoba-Ontario border and in the Eastern United States—east of Minnesota.
The Muskrats are large in size, have long guard hairs, bluish underfur and are silky in texture. Because the pelts differ from North to South, there are three sections within the Easterns.

Northern.....North Central.....Central

Western: Originate in Western Canada—west of the Manitoba-Ontario border and the Western United States. The pelts are generally smaller in size, browner in colour and have less dense underfur. Two sections differentiate the Canadian & United States Muskrats in the West.

Northern.....North Central

http://www.nafa.ca/trapper/Resources...9_Musquash.pdf
well Dave I wouldn't take what you read to heart,because if that was the case I wouldn't of had yote's that graded central us,cause that's what semi heavy is defined as,so geographic origin apparently doesn't mean a whole lot IMO,I don't understand it all either