Thread: Archery sights
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:50 PM

Default yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I use my 50 yard pin as my slider and it has been virtually bang on as long as I do my part, out to 80 yards. I have room to get to 100, but haven't hit anything that far yet. Only targets that get set that far were at the camp hehoha shoot. I'd never take a shot at a live animal past 60, and it varies from year to year, depending on how much practice I've put in. This year, I'll feel comfortable out to 50
Yup same here, 4th pin @ .10 is the slider pin. I have mine set up so I can go from 20 - 100 with the slider if I need to but 99% of the time it sits at 50 and slides down for longer practice shots.

As for the OPs question, if you go with a quality sight you are going to be happy with what you have. The guys saying Axel, CBE, Spott Hogg, Black Gold all like the sight because that is what they have and likely they all picked them because of some personal preference. For me I went with Black Gold because of their warranty, customization, customer service (I actually talked to the guys at the company about the product before buying) and the brightness of the pins. It might not be the prettiest sight but it just downright works for what I have put it through so far.

Morb