View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Shutting down rivers to save the Bull Trout? I for one couldn't care less if I ever see another Bull Trout. Brown Trout have been here longer than the majority of us. They are much more fun to catch and get absolutely no respect as a sport fish in Alberta.

The Red Deer River and Tributaries are world class Brown Trout fisheries in spite of government, imagine what they would be like with a little help like a fall breeding season closure and a few officers that patrol places other than the parking lot at Dickson.

White-tailed Deer are not native as well. I say we tear down the population so Mule Deer thrive again and ban all hunting where Mule Deer might be threatened by human activity.

I find it strange that on all of the fly fishing forums I frequent that there is hardly ever a mention of Bull Trout and White Fish yet every fisher is excited about big Rainbows and Browns. Shouldn't fishermen be protesting these closures? Imagine all the western streams teaming with big stupid Bull Trout. They will have eaten everything else. I would bet money that few if any would even bother fishing anymore. But we need not worry as fishing will be completely banned for fear of mortality of the dumb things.

Have I mentioned I don't care for Bull Trout?
Good post
I do care for the bull trout. As much as browns or bows...never really considered that. I think it is pretty equal for me.

Regardless, I do not agree with a 5 year closure and pressure up at other streams and rivers. An alternating year closure could be okay but not 5 years like the Pembina. At least in my humble opinion. Taking survey next...

Op, thanks for posting this.