View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:53 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just copy and paste my last responce to this question in 2010.

I guess I will put in my two cents....

StrikeMaster 10" Lazer Mag 2.5hp Power Auger is running a German engine on a Swedish auger blade. When I was looking for an auger this year this is the one I bought. From what I was reading the Jiffy is using a new chinese motor not the old reliable techumsa engine (techumsa went out of buisness). And the other augers just didn't feel right. The only issue I had with the auger before I bought it was the plastic on it. Then I found out what it was, Tufflite Dupont Zytel, the same stuff used on a lot of military equiptment to bring the weight down. And that is a good thing!

As far as using the unit, I have drilled about 100 holes with no issues. The shaft bolt loosens after about 30 holes and needs to be tightened. My auger also starts and runs at -20C better than I do.

Almost forgot, the unit is lighter then most other units.

I hope this helps.....

2011 update

Still very happy with the StrikeMaster auger. I did have one issue with the pull cord on the top. The recoil wasn't working well and the cord got wrapped around the top of the guide causing it to get stuck. This was on Spray of course after a 30min hike to the fishing location. I took out my pliers and proceeded to rip chunks out of the top bezel till I freed the pull cord and had it working. Once I was home I called StrikeMaster told them what I did pliers and all. StrikeMaster promptly sent me out a new recoil assembly and top bezel for free.

I was able to start the auger with no issue at -28 this year also.