View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:24 AM

I'm going to wade on into this topic here!
All I can say is buy the best glass than you can afford!
Having hunted for over 30 yrs now, I have had bottom drawer optics, and worked my way upto top drawer optics.
My go to main goto optic is my swaro 8x56 SLC binos, My leica rangefinder,
My rifles were built by a friend, who was a professional gunsmith, which are topped with Swarovski, Steiner, leopold, and some vintage redfield, and bausch and lomb. I have been using these same rifle scope combo's for the same amount of time now.

I like to hunt to the last minute of legal light, but still be ethical, and not take a shot where a high probability of not recovering the animal would be present.

Another reason why I bought, and will buy the higher end optics is the quality, and warranty. I dropped my Swarovski bino's halfway down a mountain side 15 years ago, totally my fault. Sent them off to Swarovski in Austria, had them back in less than 1 month, No charge to me !

The same bino's this year, one of the the rubber objective covers cracked, sent email to Swarovski, bingo.......2 new objective covers, no charge!

I'm not knocking any other brand of optics out there, just afford the best you can.

Another reason I like my Swarovski's is that they are di-opter adjustable, and my eyes have changed, and it's good to have an optic that will adjust, and be able to change, as you do.