View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 11:28 AM

I like nice optics. But I also like great deals. That's why I picked up a Bushnell elite tactical, 6-24-50 ffp with the illuminated BTR I think ret. They go for 1300$ usually. It popped up on Amazon for 640$ including tax, shipping. It sits on my savage 12 243, in an mdt hs3 chassis, and I had a blast shooting long range coyotes this winter. Tracks great, and the glass is pretty good.
But I also got a meopta 4-16-44 on my 270wsm, and WoW. Especially at dusk, it gives me the feeling of having night vision. Just not a fan of the AO, but it's not that picky, and I haven't made any shots past 200 yards on big game yet. This year it was less than a hundred yards for my deer.
But honestly, I have a fetish for nice scopes. My hunting partners use cheap bushnell's, even those ones you get with package rifles, and they still work. But I can definitely see, how that meopta would be beneficial at dusk. I have held on a deer, that was just over the fence of the property we could hunt on up past shooting light. Too risky to shoot, but I was just awed by how that scope picked up so much detail, when with my own eyes, I could just see the outline of a buck. Meopta is definitely underrated.