View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 03:42 PM

Default How do you avoid day-after stiffness & pain?

Now that I'm preparing for the Old Age Security payments, I'm having a heck of a time the day after hunting. Just from climbing over barbed wire fences all day I'm stiff the next day, but if I've had to crawl around on my hands and knees skinning an animal, or sledding dead critters back to the truck and then heaving them in - I can barely get out of the truck when I'm home. The following day or even 2, even getting up and walking around I'm bent over and seized up. By day 3, I'm a little more flexible and by day 4 back to just the usual aches and pains.

Are there any tricks to minimizing this? (aside from dying young) I try to drink plenty of fluids while hunting - maybe I should drink more? Any specific dietary items to eat/drink prior to heading out hunting that might help? Any items to take right after the exertion that will minimize this? I used to stuff my pockets with Mandarin oranges to eat during the day because they're cool, refreshing and give me a boost, but maybe citrus stiffens the muscles & joints? Tips ???