View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 10:04 PM
Gone Hunting

As you probably know I am pension age.

I walk to keep in condition. In condition being a relative term.

I've never had much trouble with soreness or stiffness after a workout, maybe because I've never followed any sort of diet or health fad.

As far as I can tell, keeping active is the main thing. I don't exercise as a means to keep in shape, but I do live an active life.
Climbing ladders to maintain my property, hauling heavy loads, water, wood ect.
I do a lot of walking doing photography, picking berries and mushrooms, hunting, fishing, gardening.

Over the winter I have a treadmill to keep active on. I don't much like the snow anymore. Running plow truck ruined that for me,

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not anywhere close being fit. I sit too much and eat whatever I wish. But considering my age I'm okay with where I am at physically.

I don't expect to be able to jump fences and run up hills like I used to. I figure I earned the right to take it easy. So long as I can do the things I like to do I'm okay with the way I am.

And maybe that's the key. Don't try to be a young man when you are past pension age. Works for me.

George Bernard Shaw