View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 10:48 AM

Yes I'm still here lol.
Both my laptops comitted suicide so my ability to post has been limited.

I've been on badger and McG a few times the last week and can give you a brief update before everyone heads out for the family day weekend.

Badger...
Fishing for pike has been good. Standard tip up suckers and minnow tipped jigs are producing lots of fish in the 24-36 inch class of fish. Whitefish have turned on a bit with green and white genz worms tipped with 1/2 minnow were what they were chasing, stir up some mud to bring them in and then watch your camera for the suck. lol Ling are starting pre spawn housekeeping and we managed a couple of 18 inchers near the inlet.

McGregor......
Things have been hit or miss. As usual lots of walleye and a few pike to kill the time but long periods of slow fishing made for a lot of searching for fish. Whites are fairly dispersed and the shallows are not producing like past years but there are fish there. Red and black wire worms and micro jigs/meal worm. Trout bite has died off but we are seeing them on camera still. Ling are in pre spawn and last night we saw the first signs of whites trailing ling. A sure sign the spawn is just around the corner. Glow jigs tipped with sucker belly produced best last night but they were hitting minnows as well. Our largest was 26 inches. Not a monster but the first keeper( self imposed greater than 24 inch limit) of the season for me so guess who's having fish for dinner tonight lol

Full moon Monday should make for a great weekend of fishing and temps are forecast to rise.Ill be at McG for a few days starting Monday so with any luck I'll have some stories to share.

Ps sorry can't upload pics on my phone so I will try and borrow a laptop and get some.pics uploaded. The color on the ling last night was an odd ball I've never seen before