View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 03:34 PM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50BMG View Post
I use Applied Ballistics. I find that it most closely replicates what I see in real life. I used iSnipe for years until my shooting distances increased. iSnipe seems to be ok until you reach beyond 500m. Then it varies in accurate results as much as 4moa (to a mile).

I just compared iSnipe and AB on the weekend out to a kilometre. AB most replicated what I was seeing. AB only varied less than 1/4moa at a kilometre. iSnipe was off by more than 2.25moa at a kilometre.

Kestrel units are popular for portable weather stations. As far as wind readings go, the hand held units will only measure at the place where you're holding them. Down range....not so much. But they are great for other environmental readings. Barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, height above sea level, etc..

Take ballistic software for what they really are...just something to get you close. The rest is up to the shooter.
I have only shot out to 600 meters and so far iSnipe has been pretty close with the shooting solutions its offering. I also do a print out from the Vortex site and compare the two. If one doesnt get me on target I switch to the other. They are usually within a click or two of each other.

I hope to shoot a out to 1000m this winter/spring so i might have to switch to Applied Balistics. The app looked impressive but its $39.99

Do the more expensive Kestrel units include the Applied Ballistics to there product?