View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 04:00 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
On the size I have on my truck, 275 65R18 the Winterforce LT is listed as 52.2lbs, and the LT3 at 44.1lbs, so a difference of 8lbs. I actually don't need an LT tire on my half ton, but I like the much deeper tread on the LTR , compared to their P series winter tires.
Oh buy all means you gotta go with what you like for sure... I would select the Nokian over the Winterforce LT myself too if the budget was not a concern. That said, I would not go LT on a half ton because I much prefer the better compounds that are not available on heavy duty tires (that type of compounding would get ripped on in severe heavy service so none are built with them). That is one of the reasons the LT's have deeper lugs. Because the heavy duty use tires use compounding that has to be tougher under extreme loads etc, it is not as flexible in cold, and they need deeper lugs to power through snow rather than spreading open better to give more biting edges. Not wrong or right either way. Just different and we all like different things for different reasons.

Side note... My data shows that specific Firestone to be 49lbs while I do see on their consumer site it shows 52lbs. Surprisingly not that uncommon to have conflicting info between sources, but now that you have planted that seed in my head so I am going to go on a tangent tomorrow and find out where the disconnect is! haha! These are actually the things I have fun doing... Having done the exact same thing day in and day out for 34 years, I live for the days something new is learned, or unlearned for that matter. It is even better when I can take a manufacturer to task hahaha!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23