View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 04:24 PM

ok so my computer is kinda up and running so this is my catches and experience from this Feb 2018 PV mexico trip first couple days i fished off the rocks at neuavo valarta marina with some success the locks had i bit different setup then me and man did they out fish me with all kinds of small fish but they where a bit jelious because i wed the only one catching mackerel these are from off the rocks. they hit a silver cast master with a sibiki rig infront of it some i caught on the spike some on the kastmaster till one mackerel decided he wanted to take my spoon. the locals had been using a swivel and attached to that swivel was two pieces of leader line tied to a small 1/4 oz jig with white feathers or a white tube one jig was tied about two inches shorter of the other all of there deadheads where silver i think it was just lead with no paint. but i sure will be adding a couple of those to my tackle as it was not uncommon for them to get two fish at a time. fishing from this location i guy could use his regular alberta rod and reel as you don't need to cast far or retrieve fast

next couple days i spent soft fishing right out infront of our resort with slow success maybe two of three small jack. the fish where just like a lightswitch when the morning sun was over the horizon they would light up as soon as the sun was over the horizon and had no ore colour to it they totally shut off.

i defiantly did not see any big fish this year not one boil or any sign at all.

then i tried going out to punta de mita the surf fishing there is much better usually but this year it was also very slow i caught some kid of rock fish and a big needle fish that tossed the hook. it was not as productive as the past years.
the rockfish i had sought had just eaten some kind of baitfish that looked like a brown mani mani then he named my shamano wax wing.

cool rocks
with the slow morning out in punta i decided to just stay out front of the resort as the acton really started to pick up once i put on a gold and red kastmaster lure. once i figured out thats what they wanted i caught 10-15 jack with the odd other fish mixed in every morning. then when the fishing died off i would paddle out on my board a jig for snapper but this season i only caught a couple small ones.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/sl92wkvs5/]

Last edited by raw outdoors; 03-14-2018 at 04:54 PM.