Thread: Slavia 618
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdamours View Post
I just checked with the neighbour on a parts gun. I know he has a kid sized slavia and he said he'd take 20 for it. Let me go check the model. I know it shoots but when he cocks it and loads it will go off when he returns the barrel back into firing position. He doesn't have the front sight but the parts you are looking for are there.
If it's a Slavia 618, or 624 I would be glad to pay $20.00 for it working or not.
I'm not sure but even a 630 might have enough matching parts to be of interest. I'm checking into that now.

Thanks. Even if it turns out to be a newer model with no matching parts, the effort is appreciated.

It sounds to me like it may have a cracked piston, but pistons can be repaired
When the piston cracks it can cause the trigger to not engage the sear properly which leads to release on closing issues.
And it will have other parts I can use.

If it's a worn trigger that's an easy fix plus replacements are available from the UK supplier I found. And they also have the right springs in stock if I need one.

I have dealt with UK parts suppliers before and had no issues so I'm not concerned about that.
I'd have already ordered the parts I need if they had them, but trigger guards and screws do not wear out or go missing that often.

George Bernard Shaw