View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 01:10 PM

Default Watched a couple videos

I watched a couple of videos that were connect to this. One was a panel with MP's from each party.

The Liberal from Nova Scotia kept telling Michele Remple that Alberta isnt the only province having issues and we need to come together as a country. She then went on to point out that here consituents live on an peninusula and could be on an island if this government doesn't do something about climate change.

I found that laughable.

If they are that concerned then I would ask the question if any of them use any form of petroleum products? If they drive cars or heat there house or wear any clothing with Poly or use plastics to store there food, then they only have themselves to blame.

The typical response from folks like the Liberal MP is to say well (my group of people ) don't make that much of an impact. My repsonse is then, the same could be said for the nation of Canada relative to the world. So why are we hamstring our own economy and people?

I would also add if you are truly concerned about climate change why are your people using oil that is shipped from the far side of the world to Canada? Why wouldnt you shop local? How much CO2 is used moving oil from Saudi or Venezula to the east coast of Canada?

Ultimately it always come back to money. The Irving refinery must make more money off off shore oil then it would from Alberata Oil. They likely make contributions to the Liberals so thats likely why we dont have pipelines out east. This might be simplistic but I will bet that if you dig deep enough there is a financial reason behind all of this.