View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
Is it possible that with access restrictions that the hunting improves? I'm thinking about the places I hunt where it's foot access only ... these are the same places where I see the most (and the biggest) game.
Not likely, animals get used to noise. I can't tell you how many times I have seen animals standing on the trails when I've been out riding and lots of time when I've been sitting up high looking for game I see people ride right by game and not even know it. It really doesn't bother the Elk at all. You see people expect to find animals standing everywhere and when they don't it's the OHV's fault. With the other thread going about how far you walk is probably the biggest reason why people don't see game. Once you learn where the game hangs out then that is half the battle. The other thing is the comment about the biggest game in a foot access area is a bunch of bull too, cause different areas have different genetics, feed and minerals. People are lazy and just want to walk down a trail hunt off of trails and not get off the beaten path. Common sense says you will see more game in an area where you can ride because you can cover more ground than you can on foot.