View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
i'd say throw an fx2 6x36 wide duplex with a standard 7/8" target knob installed and when you're done finding it's load, collect it's drop and have kenton zip you up a speed dial knob to match and away you go...10 oz on the nose, add 1 oz for alumina flip caps to complete the package....just saying

i have one waiting for such a project, talk me out of it if you like, i've been working on a few other projects so could be another 5 or 10 before i go after my creed, which may just be a barrel for my k95 anyway and that's the scope i'll be using, pm me your number and i'll flip ya pics including on the scale if you'd like to see exact weights, size compared to other scopes etc.

i did the lr duplex reticle thing for awhile and it's good but end of day i want to range and dial then worry about wind, the big thing is i don't want to remember what magnification i'm on and mess that up, i know the holds at max magnification but inevitably i'll have it at the wrong mag at some point...my sheep rig is vx3 2.5-8 and it always stays on 8x to be safe and zero is 250, first dot 350, second dot 450, post thickens at 550 with a .270 win and 140 ab's...it's well matched but realize now i could it all with an fx2 6x36 to 600 plus and just dial more accurately, and be a little lighter in weight too, it would suit your nula better also

hand it to anyone with a rangefinder and same thing...range and dial, keep the dust cap on for regular hunting to stay on zero, zip off the cap for a longer poke

don't put a 42mm tank on that sleek little nula short action , well maybe for development sure, but not final hunt set up
I've used both turret and ballistic reticles and prefer the ballistic reticles. I've been using them for the past 6 or 8 years and it's what I'm used to. I have a Swarovski Z3 with the 42mm tank on my other Nula and it's a perfect combination of weight, field of view, magnification, clarity, and power in my opinion.

Here's a sneak peak of the new iron. Hopefully I'll be able to mount my scope on it later this evening.