View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Chuck may be a little grumpy from time time,but unlike many people on these forums,he speaks from actual experience.He has put in the time,killed many head of game,and learned by doing things,rather than by reading about them.I may not always agree with Chuck,but I still respect him because of that experience.
Well said ELK. We all as individuals have a "go to rifle" and or caliber, Chucks is not my my idea of perfect but it seems to work for him and I'm sure countless others. Mine is 300 Weatherby, although I have never owned a weatherby rifle. I have shot a 300 Mag for close to 25 years and had spectacular success with proper bullets and bullet placement. I however have many other magnum rifles in my arsenal . Why? because as Townsend Whelan said "only accurate rifles are interesting" Or something along that line. Mine are all accurate. I may not shoot them much but a sub MOA rifle is hard to part with (for me). I have also owned and still do own a few non magnum mid bores, they all serve a purpose or will some day, especially as arthritis tells me magnums are not as much fun to shoot anymore. Do I think cartridge choice is moot? At this point in life NO.