View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I made what was obviously a joke to lighten the mood of what was becoming a little bit of a heated thread.

There was no personal attack against you and not one doubts your expertise as a shooter, it was a little humor-nothing more.

Little man syndrome gets the better of you, as usual, and you respond with a childish response that the mods had to delete.
Actually using my name made it personal,joke or not.And I in turn made a joke of my own,which was nothing more than mentioning the name of a movie.Obviously,after someone whined to a moderator,my post was removed.It was removed,but since I was not contacted in any way by a moderator for posting the name of the movie,the moderator obviously did not think that a simple movie name was worth any more action on his part.

Quote:
Isn't it time you grab your marbles and go home crying again? You know, change your name and come back in a few months.
Yes I did leave the forum for several months.As those people that know me are aware,I have undergone a dozen eye surgeries in the past ten years.At one point a couple of years ago,I was to the point of being declared legally blind in one eye.The doctors advised me that it was unlikely that I would regain my vision at that point.As a result,I lost interest in hunting and shooting.I sold my guns,my gear,and I left this and other outdoor sites.Several months later,I underwent one last surgery in an attempt to regain my vision,and it was quite successful.I now have most of my vision back.
As a result,I rejoined this and other forums,only the system here informed me tat my old username was not available,so I chose another name.

As far as personal attacks go,your post is a good example of how to post a personal attack.But unlike some people,I am not the type to go whining to a moderator to have it removed.