View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I have most of the rifles I have ever owned, and non of them are magnums or exotic.

I haven't hunted all the legal species in this area, let alone in this province, and I have no desire to.

I'm 56 years old, getting close to 57 and to me people like Chuck and Arn seem like super professionals. I really am out of my league in here.

I'm not complaining. Just feeling a little lost in this crowd.
Chuck, 209, TJ and quite a few others here are well knowledged in their sport. I am not in the same categoy at all.

I am just a guy who has hunted a lot with a 30/30. Meat first and headgear if it's attatched.

I am a new reloader, I love all guns, all calibres...

I have shot and used many different rifles, but only a handful that I would consider myself proficient with for the particular rifle or calibre,...
These mainly being the 30/30 win, 45/70 Govt. .35 Remington 22-250 and .22 cal. I have adequately shot 8mm RM, 223 wssm 250 Savage and a couple of others.

My biggest claims to fame will be what I do with my 30/30. If that's a rabbit at 200 yrds or a doe at 50...that's fine with me. If it's a 60 inch Bull Moose, I will shoot it, but if I am with someone else, I would most likely pass so that someone who truly appreciates that can take the animal.

The saddest comment I have heard in a long time was comment about league.

Chuck isn't outta my league, neither is TJ and they are not outta yours, .... they're just in different leagues, and within what they do, they are often at the top of their league, and that is to be commended.
Recognizing that we all have different goals and motivation, and that we are very much products of our upbringings and environments and such, it is very difficult to compare one another.

Some peoples goal is to get a huge buck. Others is to get one very specific buck and yet others is simply to fill a tag and have some sausage...lol

We all have much more in common than not.