View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskokagould View Post
seen a ridiculous amount of feesh today, more whites today than past 5 trips combined was wild. would come in from a distance fast but turn last minute wheather still, twitched, ect. managed a 20" but that was all.

seems their schedule has changed 8 to 10 and 1 to 3 saw majority over the last two days at these times
They are seeing your line. Switch to lighter fluro line.....and stay away from the cheap fluros...they are garbage in winter.

Last year I was doing quite good on the whites.....but for some reason I decided to switch to a fluro that was on sale for 1/3 the cost of the most expensive ones. Well guess what happened.......same as your experiencing.....went from catching to watching. I thought it was something else and tried all sorts of hooks and tricks to only catch a few. By season end, having a few beer and discussing things......it finally dawned on me.....crap line and they were spotting it and turning where as the guys that were laying the lure out to the side and on the bottom were still catching.

6lb max......4lb is a bit light and they tend to break it every third fish, plus goodbye to it when a jack hits. The ideal would be 5lb fluro for ice.